Laboratory Simulation of Wave Action and Loads on Marine Structures
We perform laboratory simulation in a 17 m-long ripple tank capable of generating waves 20 cm-high with a max. current speed up to 100 cm/sec.
- wave recording gauges «UltraLab», model ULS HF54/58
- speed transmitters «Vectrino» from Nortek A
Determining wave loads based on numerical hydrodynamic model ihFoam (IH-Cantabria, Universidad de Cantabria, Spain).
- waterfront and beaches;
- earth dams;
- breakwaters with all types of slope protection;
- breakwaters of all types;
- piled berthing facilities of permeable design;
- piled berthing facilities with under-berth slopes;
- solid vertical walls of all types;
- man-made island-type structures;
- floating barriers.